In response to the request for proposals to restore a section of the levee and concrete-channelized South Branch of the Hoosic River, Inter-Fluve and Sasaki, both internationally recognized river restoration/urban design firms, decided they would not only create the half mile, detailed design pilot project, but also a conceptual design for the entire South Branch.
The Hoosic River Revival Board of Directors is pleased to share that (30%) concept, one we believe reflects all the benefits the North Adams community expects from this project, one that will enhance our quality of life and create economic development opportunities.
Some of the highlights are:
- creative, attractive flood protection design
- community access along river edge
- ecological improvement in the river
- variety of recreational opportunities
- year-round usage
- easy connections to cultural, historical, and educational entities
- water conservation best practices
- wildlife habitat
- walking / bike paths
Click here to view the full 2015 30% South Branch Conceptual Design.